8989 de l'Acadie Boulevard
Monday Open 10:00am – 9:00pm
|Monday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sunday||10:00am - 5:00pm|
We are following the advice and guidance of local health authorities to ensure we are providing the safest possible environment to MEC members and staff.
We aim to provide a safe environment that respects everyone’s comfort level and risk tolerance. Thanks for looking out for each other.
Order online and pick up at this location.
You can return products to any store.
MEC is closely monitoring provincial government guidelines to ensure the safety of all members and staff.
- Masks are optional for staff and customers. We support every individual’s personal preference and model our respect for those choices in how we treat each other.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use.
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing and social distancing.
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected.
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at cashier stations.
- Climbing walls and play areas are temporarily closed.
- Clinics and events are being offered, community room bookings are available.
- Rental services are paused.
- Repair shops are open for all bike and ski services.
Facilities and supply chain
- We remain committed to our responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell.
Repairs and recycling
For the safety of staff and members, we are pausing in-store gear repair services for a while. Thanks for your understanding. Want to try some repairs on your own? Learn how to fix your own gear with these how-to articles and videos on popular gear repair topics.
If you bought any of the items below at MEC, you can bring them back to our store for recycling:
- Batteries (no broken or corroded ones please).
- Bike tires (no tubes) – they can get ground up for tarmac or playground surfaces.
Due to safety concerns, we do not accept used flammable goods, including camping gas canisters, stove fuel, flares, bear bangers and bear spray. Please contact your local waste management office to find out how to properly dispose of these items.
Have a question about something that’s not on the list above? Give us a call or contact your local municipal recycling program.
Green building features
MEC Montreal opened in 2003, and was our first store in Quebec. It was also the first retail building in Quebec to meet the national C2000 Green Building Standard, and the amount of energy it consumes is nearly 70% less than was required by the Model National Energy Code at the time of construction. Here are some of the green features:
- The wood deck inside the curved roof was salvaged from the Seagram’s distillery in Ville Lasalle. Salvaged wood is also used in the entrance canopy and railings.
- To reduce material waste, the concrete slabs contain 27% blast furnace slag (a by-product of steel manufacturing).
- 50% of the materials used in the building are made of recycled content, by weight.
- Walls are insulated with cellulose fibre from recycled newsprint to cut down on energy consumption (they provide about twice as much thermal insulation as conventional retail buildings from the same era).
- Captured precipitation (stormwater run-off) from the roof is stored in a 45,000L underground cistern, and is used for landscaping and toilet water – this cuts our potable water use in half.
- To keep energy usage down, the concrete floor acts as a thermal reservoir that’s warmed or cooled by fluid pumped through embedded piping. Twelve geothermal wells pump extracted heat in winter and disperse heat in summer.
- There’s mostly natural ventilation with fresh air coming in through underground tunnels. In summer, warm air rises and escapes through roof vents and motorized window openings.
- CO2 sensors keep a good balance of fresh air coming in, so energy isn’t wasted in heating or cooling.
- Lots of daylight reduces the need for artificial lighting. The lights we do have shut off automatically when there’s enough natural light to save energy (for both the lights and the energy needed to cool heat from the bulbs).
MEC aims to maximize efficiency and minimize environmental impacts in our stores. Learn more about our green buildings.
Professional ski and snowboard shop services to set you up for the season. Some services may not be available year-round. Call us to set up a visit.
Buy two of the big three – board/skis, bindings, boots – from MEC and we’ll mount your bindings for free. This offer applies to all types of snowboard and ski equipment sold at MEC. If you’re shopping online, take advantage of this deal by calling your store to arrange an appointment to mount your bindings before you visit. Our ski techs get busy, and we don’t want to let you down.
|Binding removal (with purchase of new binding or skis)||Free|
|General repairs, minimum shop charge is $5||$70/hr|
|Hot wax (machine)||$15|
|Hot wax (hand)||$35|
|Machine sharpen and wax||$35|
|Pine tar, call for availability||$30|
|Skin trim (length only)||$10|
|Skin fit and shaping (length and width), call for availability||$25|
|Boot liner moulding (free with boot purchase)||$20|
|Boot punching (first punch)||$50|
|Boot punching (additional punch)||$25|
|Rivet replacement (per rivet)||$15/unit|
|Binding strap replacement (per strap)||$15/unit|
Your local MEC store is more than just a place to get gear – it’s a hub for your outdoor community.
Find MEC events near you to see what’s happening in store, make connections with interesting people and get active outdoors. Year-round, MEC offers low cost (or even free) clinics and workshops from friendly staff instructors, plus events happening in the larger community – everything from backcountry navigation classes to film screenings.
MEC has given tens of millions of dollars to help people in Canada get active outdoors. Our Outdoor Impact program includes national partners, local partners, and community grants and donations. We invest in groups that are actively working to break down barriers of access and increase equity in the outdoors.
Free display space
Not-for-profit groups and local clubs that share MEC values can use our floor space to tell people what’s going on. Let people know about outdoor issues, collect input on plans, or just get the word out about your club. For more info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the store.
Free meeting room
We’re taking precautionary steps due to COVID-19, and pausing all bookings of the Community Room for the moment. We take your health seriously and are following the recommendations of public health agencies to practice social distancing and limit gatherings. We will continue to monitor and reassess the situation as it evolves. For groups with a current booking, we’ll contact you by email to ensure you can plan accordingly.
Our bike shop mechanics can do it all, from installing fenders to building wheels from scratch. We offer a full range of repair services, including minor adjustments and repairs, component upgrades, suspension work, tune-ups and major overhauls.
We fix all kinds of bikes: commuter, road, e-bikes, gravel, mountain and kids. Not sure what you need? Bring in your bike for a free safety inspection and we’ll let you know.