MEC Rain Pants - Children
Built to take the wettest weather and the splashiest activities imaginable. The seams are fully-taped and the fabric has a durable waterproof coating that's also moderately breathable. Ideal in extremely wet conditions when the goal is to stay completely dry.
- Made of durable 200-denier oxford nylon with a breathable polyurethane microporous coating and a highly effective DWR (durable water repellency) finish, for full-on weather resistance.
- Fully-taped seams for complete waterproof protection.
- Elasticized, pull-on waist for a comfortable fit over layers
- Elasticized lower leg openings seal out drafts and water.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.