Generous floor, head and vestibule room, combined with rugged fabrics and a wind-stable dome shape have made the Wanderer 2 a go-to tent for generations of Canadian paddlers. This new version comes with improved line tensioners and pegs, yet it’s still light enough to carry on backpacking trips.
- One-piece pole set with centre hub; assembles quickly and easily.
- Canopy attaches with clips for lightness, fast set-up, and air circulation.
- Full fabric canopy keeps out wind-blown rain, sand, or snow, and keeps in warmth.
- Twin vestibules provide storage of damp gear and pets, and allow night-time exits without disturbing your tent mate.
- New cam cleat tensioners let you adjust the guy lines without pulling-and-threading.
- Pegs are upgraded to DAC J-stakes, with a V-cross section that holds better than needle or wire styles.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.15m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||61 x 20 x 20cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||1.7sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||1.7sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.