Tough enough to endure brutal baggage handling and dubious travel arrangements. The Outpost Pack is also compact enough to use as your carry on. It's made from super-tough tarpaulin fabric, with a padded sleeve to protect your laptop and electronics.
- Fabric is rugged nylon, polyurethane coated for durability and waterproofness.
- Lined in PU-coated nylon for additional water-resistance.
- Internal seams are not sealed, so the pack is not fully waterproof.
- Airmesh on the backpanel and inside shoulder straps allows air to circulate.
- Wide webbing waist belt is removable.
- Beefy U-zip opens the main compartment and has lockable heads that look like climbing nuts.
- 3 inner pockets keep small stuff organized.
- Padded pocket holds a 13in. laptop, has a separate side access, and stops before the pack bottom to prevent fatal groundings.
- Thick padded grab handles on sides can be lashed to vehicles and pack animals.
- Short daisy chains on the long sides let you attach extra gear.
|Main fabric||500-denier polyurethane coated nylon|
|Secondary fabric||200-denier nylon|
Padded sleeve fits most
A padded slot to fit electronics or laptops, it may be partially or fully padded on each side.
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.