Ridley Helium CR40 Road Bicycle - Unisex
Impossibly steep switchbacks and long alpine roads are made to be ridden. The Helium was made to ride them. Combining wind-cheating aerodynamics with a barely UCI legal frame weight (about 880 grams in a medium), it's a race-ready weapon with an advantage in the mountains. The massive pressfit BB and oversized tapered headtube provide immediate response when you break from the pack. Once you've moved away, the efficient Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset provides stiffness and the fast-rolling bearings transfer every watt of effort. A dropped chain or missed shift can be a race decider, so Ridley opted for one of the most reliable setups around – Shimano Ultegra. When shooting for a "Peter Sagan at the 2015 World Championship" race winning move on technical descents, the powerful Shimano R561 brakes allow you to brake later before leaning hard into corners. Finally, a host of proven 4ZA aluminum components tie this race-ready steed together.
- Frame uses high-grade carbon, 30 to 24-ton unidirectional high-modulus carbon fibre produces an astonishingly light yet torsionally stiff and durable frame.
- Tapered, reinforced headtube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Ultra thin chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Shimano Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Full carbon fibre fork with carbon steerer.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Pro tires weigh in at a scant 1550 grams.
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra groupset.
- Compact Shimano crankset is at home climbing or sprinting.
- Shimano brakes feel as good as they perform.
- 4ZA seat, seatpost, stem and other components are race ready and durable.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Helium HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 44E|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-R561 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC RS500 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Pro 700 x 25|
|Wheel||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.