Ghost Lanao 3 27.5" Bicycle - Women's
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
For off-road riding and wandering adventures on forest paths, the Lanao 3 gets you started with cross-country riding. Ghost engineered this beautiful bike specifically for women with shorter statures who want to rock bigger wheels. The dropped top tube decreases standover height to offer a comfortable ride without affecting the frame's geometry or rigidity. To smooth out rough roads and sections of wild singletrack, the RST Blaze fork absorbs chatter and makes the ride buttery smooth. Reliably solid Shimano® components keep your shifting and braking snappy, so you can focus on what matters most: the ride.
- Ghost aluminum frame is lightweight, ultra-strong and vibration dampening.
- 27.5in. wheelset provides the smooth rolling advantages of 29'er setups with the nimble agility of classic 26in. wheelsets.
- RST Blaze RL with 100mm of travel and a lock-out.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation.
- 8-speed Shimano Altus shifters, Tourney front derailleur and Acera rear derailleur are reliable and smooth.
- Shimano triple crank offers a wide-ranging ring size for effective climbing and flat-level pace.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Lanao 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Blaze RL|
|Stem||Ghost MTB 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT200 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT200 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tourney|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Tourney 42-34-24|
|Pedals||Wellgo Mountain Flats|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Kenda Slant Six 27.5 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.