Designed as an insulation layer for active pursuits, it keeps your core warm and won't hold you back on tough climbs, hikes and ski descents. A lightweight taffeta nylon shell turns away wind while remaining highly breathable, while Coreloft™ synthetic fill provides reliable warmth and feels nearly weightless. The Atom LT is designed to layer under a shell jacket, and on cool, dry days it works great as a standalone piece. Highly compressible and beautifully made, its functionality and sleek lines have also made it the unofficial everyday jacket of many a mountain town.
- Lightweight taffeta nylon shell fabric is DWR treated for extra water resistance.
- Coreloft™ synthetic insulation is lightweight, breathable and warm - even when wet.
- Air-permeable stretch fleece side panels enhance breathability and mobility.
- Underarm gussets and articulated elbows provide full range of motion for climbing.
- Adjustable storm hood is low profile and helmet-compatible.
- Full front zip has special "speed bumps" that prevent jacket from opening accidentally.
- Twin handwarmer pockets and internal chest pocket, all with secure zip closures.
- Stretch knit cuffs are smooth against skin and fit snugly over gloves.
- Drop back hem provides coverage and can be adjusted to seal out drafts.
|Face fabric||20-denier nylon|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.