Intense 2020 Carbine 29 Pro Bike - Unisex
We need some downtime. For the next 16 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
If you can dream it, the Carbine will ride it. A blend of Enduro-worthy components means this bike can take whatever you can throw at it. It has the fast rolling momentum of a 29er, and is fully capable of more. With 160mm in the front and 155mm in the rear, it has the travel needed to shred the EWS, but the slacker head tube angle (65.5°) and shorter chainstays give it nimble handling and level-headed predictability. The long wheelbase holds traction when you’re pushing the margins on fast descents without losing the fun factor in tight corners and drops. The Pro build draws on a golden mix of SRAM X01 and GX Eagle components for a light and reliable setup. A Shimano XT M8000 brakeset keeps things under control when you're coming in a bit too hot. Bottom line: you won't feel under-biked anywhere you ride this rig.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame and top link provides a light, stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient and balanced ride on climbs or descents.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seat stays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Factory Float 36 has 3 compression positions, low-speed compression and rebound adjustment.
- FOX Factory Float X2 rear shock takes care of the 155mm of travel.
- FOX Transfer seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- 1x12 SRAM X01 and GX Eagle groupset leverages a massive 10-50 cassette.
- Truvativ Descendant crank is paired to a 32T ring.
- Shimano XT M8000 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors in the front and rear.
- 780mm wide Intense Recon carbon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- DT Swiss M1700 Spline wheels have an internal width of 30mm and are tubeless-ready.
- Maxxis Minion DHR II tires offers the traction required for fast and steep descents.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Carbine SL carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Factory GRIP2|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Factory X2 Kashima|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 40mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR 29 x 2.4|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1700 Spline|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.