This sweet hybrid is lighter and more compact than a synthetic-only bag, yet less expensive and more robust in damp conditions than all down. It performs much like a down mummy with a built-in synthetic overbag.
The synthetic insulation copes with being crushed under your body, exhaled on, and jammed against damp tent walls. The down layer on top of the bag moulds against your body. It's covered by another layer of Hyperloft that moves the dew point (the zone where cold causes body vapour to condense) outward, so the down stays drier and it's shielded from condensation, drips, and spills.
- Shell is polyester with a DWR treatment to shed water. Lining is nylon.
- Bottom, hood, and footbox are insulated with Hyperloft Eco polyester with 50% recycled content. Offset-quilting eliminates cold spots.
- Duck down layer is held in place with box baffles for good loft and warmth.
- Two-way, ¾-length zip allows heat adjustment without excess weight.
- Yoke and muff system keeps heat from escaping around shoulders.
- Hood and shoulder drawcords have different profiles, so you can tell them apart in the dark.
- Small internal pocket holds glasses, headlamp, etc.
- Glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls.
- Roll top stuff sack included.
- For the most efficient use of the down, there’s more insulation above the sleeper than beneath, so the Phoenix is best for those who sleep on their backs or roll within the bag, rather than those who turn the bag with them as they roll over.
|Seasons||Winter (-15°C to -40°C)|
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down + synthetic|
|Technology||MEC Hyperloft Eco|
|Construction||Baffle + offset quilt|
The size of the bag when compressed using ASTM standard. This measurement is not available for all brands.
|Packed size||27 x 54cm|
The thickness or puffiness of a bag – a key factor in determing a bag's warmth.
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.