The sleekest tent in our Mountaineering line-up. Not only does it look like its namesake Train à Grande Vitesse, it's also made for people going places quickly. At departure time, you’ll love its lightness. At night, you’ll appreciate that little extra length that lets taller travellers (or those who like to keep gear at their feet) recline comfortably.
- Front arch pole provides extra headroom and snow shedding capacity.
- Poles attach with clips for lighter weight and faster set-up.
- New U-shaped door improves ventilation.
- Guy lines are stronger, reflective, and have mitt-friendly tensioners.
- Pegs are a mix of Easton Gold round pegs for easy driving and Y cross-section aluminum pegs for maximum strength and holding power.
- Internal guy line anchors for rigging in extreme conditions.
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.16m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||58 x 16 x 16cm|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.9sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.