MEC Cocoon Reversible Jacket - Infants
We've built this jacket to be super versatile. Its light insulation, dovetail hem, and weather protection makes it a great choice for little ones to wear out on their active adventures. When the day's play is over and it's time for a ride home in the bike trailer or sled, the Cocoon's slender profile fits nicely under a garment like the Newt Suit. Reversible fabric goes from graphic printed, to solid colour in one flip.
- Shell and lining are recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Insulated with recycled polyester.
- Chin guard protects the neck and chin from chafing.
- Two handwarmer pockets.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
- Can be washed in cold water and dried on gentle settings. Don't use fabric softeners, bleach, or dry cleaning.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.