Ultralight and low-profile, the Vapor Helmet gives you some welcome ventilation and a comfortable fit. The lightness and generous ventilation make it a great cragging lid, proving helmets aren't just for multi-pitch trad climbs and big alpine faces.
- BD engineered a sheet of Kevlar and a series of carbon rods between the EPS foam layer and the polycarbonate shell. Sound protection and respectable lightness.
- Geometric, open-air design provides airflow.
- Ratchet adjuster with moulded push buttons.
- Suspension fits inside the helmet for storage in your pack or haul bag.
- Removable headlamp clips secure a light on pre-dawn starts or when rapping after dark.
|Ideal for||Rock climbing|
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).