Lighter than the previous Basic Ascender design, and much more compact than ascenders with handles (though not as ergonomic over a long haul). It's an excellent tool for occasional use or for setting up a quick haul system.
- Aluminum frame, steel cam, and nylon trigger.
- Toothed cam is self cleaning and secure on muddy or icy ropes. Resists corrosion.
- Upper connection hole guides the rope through the device and prevents twisting.
- Lower attachment hole is large enough for 2 biners.
- Accepts ropes 8-11mm.
- The device is not designed for self belaying or situations where it can be shock loaded.
|Cam material||Stainless steel|
The maximum diameter or the range of rope diameter that is compatible with the device.