MEC Clarion Hoodie - Women's
Stay warm, even when the wind is at full blast. This high-tech hoodie is a superb cool-to-cold weather mid-layer for hiking, skiing, climbing or snowshoeing. It's made of Wind Pro® fabric with Hardface fleece treatment that can handle getting rubbed against trees or rocks, sheds snow, and is 4 times more wind-resistant than traditional fleece. It’s also highly breathable, so you can keep moving quickly while the clouds are rolling in.
- Made of durable, packable Polartec Wind Pro (recycled polyester, polyester, and spandex) with Hardface fleece treatment.
- Contrast fabric on chinguard, sleeve pocket, and inside hem is stretchy nylon and spandex.
- Slim-fit hood can be worn under a helmet.
- No seams on the shoulder tops for comfort under pack straps.
- Easy-access stretchy sleeve pocket to stash small items.
- Thumbholes at the cuffs hold sleeves in place for layering, and hand warmer pockets keep your digits comfortable.
- Adjustable shockcord hem seals out drafts.
- Machine wash cold, and hang to dry. Don’t bleach, iron, dry clean, or use fabric softeners.
- Regular fit.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.