A folding bike is superb for multi-modal commuting. Store it in an apartment closet. Ride to the train or metro station then fold it up before you embark. Take it to work and stash it under your desk. Cruise it to a party and when it's time to leave, tuck it under your arm and grab a taxi home. You can even toss it in the car when you're heading out camping. The Origami will do back bends for you. It wants to be part of your daily routine.
- Centre hinge allows lightweight 6061 aluminum frame to fold back on itself.
- ProMax V-brakes are powerful and easy to maintain.
- Adjusts to fit riders from 147 to 188cm (4ft. 10in. to 6ft. 2in.) supports a max weight of 105kg (230lb.).
- 7-speed internal hub allows rider to change gears whether pedalling or not. Gear range suits most city riding.
- Seat post telescopes into the frame.
- Handlebars telescope and fold flat.
- Pedals fold against crank when not in use.
- 20 x 1.5in. tires provide plenty of cushioning.
- Folded size is approximately 34 x 67 x 64cm.
- Comes with fenders and a rear rack.
- Full-size floor pump is hidden inside the seat post (BioLogic PostPump 2.0), so it’s always ready when you need it. Integrated Schrader and Presta adapter.
- Note: Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Frame||Tern M-series 6061 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|ProMax V (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||BioLogic Chime|
|Shifters||Shimano Nexus Revo|
|Crank + rings||Kinetix Supra|
|Hub (front)||Tern Mini|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Nexus 7-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Tires||Impac Streetpac 20 x 1.5|