The Platinum version of the Fly Creek UL 2 is one impressively light tent. It makes even the ultra-lean Fly Creek UL look like the chubby sibling of the family. To cut weight, the Platinum uses an all-mesh body and lighter fabric for the fly. Spare as it is, it delivers 3-season coverage for you and a partner. If you're interested in going even lighter, you can leave the tent body at home, and set up with just the poles, fly, and the optional footprint. Your chocolate stash probably weighs more than this tent.
- All seams are sealed with solvent-free polyurethane tape (contains no PVC or volatile organic compounds).
- Vents on the fly improve ventilation and reduce condensation.
- Storm flap on vestibule zippers prevents drips.
- 3 mesh pockets keep your stuff organized and off the floor.
- Loops for attaching a gear loft.
- Reflective guy lines and webbing on tent corners.
- Optional footprint available.
- Includes 11 superlight aluminum J-stakes.
- Nearly free-standing design requires the 2 foot corners pegged out.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
|Floor fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.97m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.7sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.