MEC Radiator Parka - Men's
One of the lightest technical jackets on the market, the Radiator Parka is ideal for waiting out high-country storm cycles and for pushing through on alpine climbing and skiing missions. It's been pared down to the essential components to focus on providing warmth in an ultralight package. The face fabric is treated to resist weather, resist tearing, and prevent any down seepage. All in all, a remarkable addition to your cold-weather systems when heading out on mountain adventures.
- Outer face fabric is light, supple 7-denier nylon that's downproof and treated with DWR to shed water.
- 850-fill goose down is DWR treated to stop it wetting out and losing insulating value.
- Box baffle design minimizes cold spots.
- 3-panel insulated hood is edged with elastic and is helmet compatible.
- Hanger loop in back of neck.
- Zipper has an internal placket and fold over chin guard, snap at bottom allows you to use your belay loop while the jacket is zipped.
- 2 handwarmer pockets, large enough to function as a stuff sack.
- 4 internal drop in pockets (2 of which have laser cut ventilation holes for holding damp gloves or climbing skins).
- Wide elastic internal sleeve cuffs.
- Wide elastic internal waist band.
- Centre back length is 29in. (size medium)
- Turn inside out before washing in a front loading machine, in cold on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry low with tennis balls. Do not iron or dry clean.
|Face fabric||7-denier nylon|
|Insulation||850-fill power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
|Down weight||260 g (medium)g|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.