Solid protection when downpours set in. This lightweight layer is made of GORE-TEX® Paclite membrane that provides superior breathability so you won’t get steamed while working hard. TorsoFlo™ side zippers allow poncho-style ventilation when you need to vent body heat. This jacket works as hard as you do, but packs down tight once the weather breaks.
- Fabric is 2.5-layer GORE-TEX Paclite waterproof-breathable polyester with fully taped seams.
- Taped seams provide full weather protection.
- YKK AquaGuard double separating front zipper has a storm flap to keep out rain.
- Single zippered chest pocket.
- 2 zippered hand pockets (one doubles as a stuff sack).
- Hoop and loop cuff closures and drawcord hem for adjustability.
- Standard fit for easy mobility.
|Face fabric||50-denier polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.