This hybrid of kayak and solo canoe that has the best features of both parents. Foot braces and a supportive seat transfer the power of each stroke to the boat and offer momentum and smooth handling. The adjustable seat keeps you comfortable through hours of exploration. The open hull gives you room to move around, bring a pet along, pack a cooler or land the big one. The Next moves sweetly and naturally and is paddled with a longer double-bladed kayak paddle (but a canoe paddle works too). It's intuitive and easy to handle, so you can focus on having fun, not learning strokes.
- 3-layer polyethylene is very durable and abrasion resistant, and moderately stiff.
- Inner foam core adds built-in floatation and insulates against cold and noise.
- Pronounced tumblehome and low profile for easier paddling.
- Subtle rocker for straight, smooth tracking.
- Element seating system, as used in fishing kayaks, adjusts for fit and trimming the boat and removes for use as a beach chair.
|Ideal for||Cottage and recreational canoeing|
|Hull material||Three-layer roto-moulded plastic|