The classic Prospector is probably the best all-around wilderness tripping canoe ever. Nova Craft has stayed faithful to the lines of the Chestnut Prospector, the canoe more acclaimed in literature than any other. With its shoe keel, the performance on lakes is improved, but it does loose some manouverability when used on rivers.
- Woven fibreglass is hand-laid by the experienced craftspeople at Nova to produce a rugged, affordable, void-free craft. Construction is tough but relatively heavy, so beware if you plan on portaging.
- Shoe keel for added tracking ability.
- Reinforced ABS end plates.
- Seats are ash with nylon lacing.
- Ash carry handle, thwart, and balanced yoke.
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
The bow height is the distance from the bottom of the hull to the top of the gunwale measured at the bow of the boat.
The rocker is the degree of upward curve along the bottom, from one end of the canoe to the other.