The Ghost Powerkid 24 is a super-solid bike that will help young riders learn to stomp hills and float trails. Built with reliable components from trustworthy brands, the frame is light, the shifting is smooth, and the braking is precise and consistent. Hydraulic brakes provide great stopping power and require less force to operate. Front suspension smooths out bumps and roughness, making the ride feel more predictable and helping the rider feel in control. The Powerkid series is an excellent base for building confidence and honing cross-country riding skills.
- 7000-series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Suspension fork has 50mm of travel.
- Hydraulic disc brakes keep speed under control.
- Shimano® components and 8-speed derailleur.
- 24-in. wheelset.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost 7005 PG aluminum|
|Fork||RST Capa T24|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano FD-TX50|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney|
|Crank + rings||LASCO 3CF1542SP 42-34-24T|
|Hub (front)||Ghost 24|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Innova 24 x 1.95|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 5062|