Ridley X-Trail CR50 Bicycle - Unisex
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
What kind of bike can hang in on club rides, gravel grind and race cyclocross all in one weekend? The incredibly versatile Ridley X-Trail. Its geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike, so you can ride pretty much anywhere. Massive clearance allows up to 38C tires to hammer the cyclocross circuit or a group ride by swapping out tires or wheels. Lightweight and silky smooth, the Shimano gruppo is a performer with a versatile gear range. Powerful hydraulic disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation regardless of the conditions. A host of smart details make this package a winner: an asymmetric rear triangle for shock absorption and stiffness, hidden fender mounts for everyday usability and a scuff guard on the fork to prevent damage when swapping wheels.
- High-modulus uni-directional carbon fibre frame is light, stiff, comfortable and durable enough to handle the rigours of varied riding.
- Rear triangle features uniquely shaped tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric fork features a carbon steer tube.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation in all weather.
- Compact 50/34 crank and huge 11-32T cassette means a gear range ready for every kind of ride.
- Thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- Wheels are tubeless ready and durable enough to handle every weird adventure.
- 38C tires handle the rigours of gravel grinding or cyclocross.
- Hidden fender mounts add touring versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-RS505 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano ST-RS505 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC RS500 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Rims||Alex Draw 1.9S|
|Tires||Challenge Gravel Grinder 700 x 38|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.