Ghost Kato FS 3 Bicycle - Unisex
For aspiring off-road riders, the Kato line is cost-effective, but in no way cheap. Ghost designed the Kato FS 3 Bike to be affordable, but decked out with features borrowed from its top-of-the-line models. Their famous 4-bar frame linkage lets you brake hard without compromising the performance of the X-Fusion O2 rear shock. The RST fork has 130mm of travel to keep you focussed on your flow, and a remote lockout so you can tailor your ride to changing terrain. With Shimano® components and 650B wheels, this rig provides fast, smooth riding with agility for mountain touring.
- 7005 DB aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- RST First GTRL AIR RLO front suspension has a remote lockout for changes on the move.
- X-Fusion O2 RL rear shock gives you options to adjust the compression and the rebound.
- XT Plus rear derailleur has a one-way ratcheting cam that prevents your rear derailleur and chain from bouncing around down tricky lines.
- Shimano components deliver speed and control, and hydraulic disc brakes provide precise stopping power.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- 650B wheels hit the sweet spot between a 29 and 26-inch rig.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato FS 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RST First GTRL Air RLO|
|Rear shock||X-Fusion O2 RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M396 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M396 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1353|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.