Tough, old-school and cavernous. The Algonquin Portage Pack is made of bomber 840-denier nylon with a comfortable, but simple padded harness and a removable, adjustable tumpline (like we mentioned, it's old-school). Lots of external lash points for attaching even more.
- Made of burly 840-denier nylon.
- All webbing is ballistic nylon that is super durable.
- Double bar tacked reinforcements throughout.
- Air mesh covered padded pre-curved shoulder and waist harness.
- Sternum strap.
- Mesh and foam padded backpanel.
- Removable and adjustable tumpline (Google it).
- Top opening with an inner spindrift collar and a flap that closes with 3 buckles.
- Webbing grab handles to haul it out of the canoe.
- 4 swivel hooks on front for attaching a map case.
- Side compression straps to compress the load or lash on extra gear.
- Daisy chains for lashing gear.
|Ideal for||Canoe tripping|
|Closure||Drawcord and lid|
Fair: made of lightweight materials and designed to be carried inside another bag. Good: strikes a balance between light weight and durability. Excellent: made of heavy duty materials and designed to be carried alone. Exceptional: made of ultra-tough materials and designed to withstand abuse.
Waterproof bags and cases are made with waterproof materials and have waterproof closures. Some are designed to be submersible. Water-resistant bags and cases are made with waterproof materials, but water could sneak in through the seams or closure.
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
|Additional feature(s)||Compression straps|