MEC Mixed Tape Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
A nice compilation of components and the bonus track is the Nexus 7-speed internal hub from Shimano®. The internal hub allows you to switch gears anytime (stopped or moving) and requires much less maintenance than a bike with an external drivetrain. The Nexus 7 gives you extra gears to drop into when you're going up hills or carrying a 5kg sack of apples. Revo shifters have a simple, fluid action and a large indicator to show you what gear you're currently in. The Mixed Tape will sound fine for anyone with a relatively flat 9 to 5 commute, who rides through cross town traffic, and mixes in the occasional rolling country road.
- Lightweight, tapered aluminum frame.
- 700 x 35mm tires are built for rolling on roads and dirt roads, pathways, or light trail use.
- Shimano® Acera V-brakes (rim brakes) provide great stopping power.
- Instead of derailleurs and cassettes, the Mixed Tape uses a Shimano Nexus 7-speed internally-geared hub that lets you shift gears any time, even while waiting at a stop light.
- Upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- MEC Ergo grips provide less pressure on palms and wide, flat tops offer even weight distribution.
- Waterproof-coated saddle with gel padding to absorb shock.
- Flat MEC Moss pedals are easy to use.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 6061 aluminum|
|Stem||MEC AS-021 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||MEC City Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Acera (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Nexus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Nexus|
|Crank + rings||RPM City Single 38T|
|Bottom bracket||RPM 7420|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Acera|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Nexus 7-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Nexus 20T|
|Tires||Kenda Trekking 700 x 35|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Freccia|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.