An exclusive run from Burton, available only at MEC. The Burton [ak] CA Insulator is a necessity for riding hard in harsh conditions. The secret to its warmth and packability is 650-fill down that traps heat due to generous loft. The weather-repellent shell keeps dampness out while you ride nonstop laps or just boot around town.
- Lightweight 20-denier ripstop nylon fabric has a DWR finish for water resistance.
- Insulated with warm and compressible 650 fill-power down that meets the Responsible Down Standard certification for animal welfare.
- For each jacket purchased, MEC and Burton will donate $5 to Protect Our Winters to help fight climate change.
- Zippered external chest pocket houses essentials.
- Articulated fit works well with your layering system and is designed to move with you.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.