The ultimate device for fast riding, the Spider Pro is explosively fast and insanely light. The weight of the carbon frame is on par with many road bikes, but the real secret to its eagerness lies in the efficient link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect mind-bending acceleration and a stiff, responsive feel when mashing steep climbs. Gorgeous SRAM X01 and X1 components make it that much more, while SRAM Guide brakes efficiently scrub speed. To make this beauty good to go, it features a reliable Reverb dropper seatpost and tubeless ready DT Swiss wheels.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon SL frame with titanium hardware and carbon top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System allows for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 100x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- FOX Float 34 Performance Elite is tuneable and can be locked out.
- FOX Float Performance Elite SV EVOL rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- 27.5in. DT Swiss M1700 Spline TWO wheels are light and tubeless ready with SRAM XD Driver.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires are 2.35in. front, 2.25in. rear.
- RockShox Reverb Stealth seatpost with 125mm of travel.
- Components are a mix of SRAM X01 and X1 1x11.
- Race Face Next crank is carbon fibre with a 32T ring.
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle is low on weight and comfy.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense Spider 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 34 Performance Elite|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance Elite EVOL SV 3 Pos|
|Stem||Thomson Elite X4 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Guide RS (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Guide RS|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Next 32T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace PF92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1175 11-speed 10-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1700 Spline TWO|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.