Agility and protection to excel on long runs and rugged terrain. Merrell Omni-fit lacing system offers a wrapped, custom-feeling fit, while the mesh upper keeps things breathable. A molded heel counter lets you zig amdzag and the M Select rubber sole adds grip to the grind.
- Uppers are breathable mesh and TPU.
- Omni-Fit lacing system for glove like fit.
- Mesh lining has M-Select Fresh treatment to keep it fresh.
- Reflective details for increased visibility.
- Molded TPU heel counter for secure directional control.
- Dual directional flex-groove EVA midsole for agility and stability.
- M Select rubber outsole is sticky and durable.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.