A specialist's piece from Rab who set the benchmark for high altitude gear. The Expedition 8000 Suit is what you want for climbing Everest or Denali, blazing new routes in the Karakoram or crossing polar ice caps. It uses the highest quality down, lightweight fabrics and features designed to weather the world's most extreme conditions.
- Outer fabric is lightweight and durable Pertex Endurance 30-denier nylon 6 with a waterproof coating and a DWR finish.
- Lined with 20-denier nylon 6 Pertex Quantum.
- Fully insulated with 850-fill power Responsible Down Certified Nikwax Hydrophobic Down that doesn't retain moisture.
- Box wall baffled construction ensures the down stays in place and a differential cut places more down in the areas you need it most.
- Helmet compatible hood has a wire-stiffened brim so it won't obstruct your vision.
- 2-way YKK front zip wtih storm flap extends through to the back for easy toilet access.
- Full length YKK side zips run from ankles to wrists to aid in ventilation and give access to inner layers.
- Lots of outer and inner pockets hold water bottles or electronics against the body where they stay warm.
- Articulation in the knees, elbows and back for full range of motion.
- Internal suspenders for a customizable fit.
- Oversize zipper pulls and cord adjustments are designed to work with mittens.
- Reflective details aid visibility.
- Oversize unisex fit provides room for layers and accommodates explorers of many body types.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Insulation||850-fill power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Venting||Full-length leg zips|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.