An intuitive beacon that's simple and efficient to use. Mammut’s redesign of the Barryvox (a leading industry beacon for almost 10 years) focused on instinctive use in a highly stressful emergency. New antennas and processors allow for a 70m-wide search strip. Quick and accurate arrow direction quickly gets you where you need to be. A better screen, marking and unmarking capabilities, analogue mode and advanced search settings make this pro model ideal for ski guides, ski patrollers and heavy users with a deep understanding of various search methods. This impressive beacon makes snow safety simpler, more efficient and unconditionally reliable when it really counts.
- Ergonomic design is impact-proof and can be operated with gloves on.
- Transceiver software is user-friendly and uses 3 intuitive buttons for navigation.
- Buried beacons can be marked and unmarked to speed up searching in multiple-burial scenarios.
- Display is backlit and easy to read, even with polarized sunglasses.
- Audio and visual guidance provides information on distance, direction and number of victims.
- Group test function activates itself when you turn the beacon on – a great reminder.
- 70m search strips speed up signal pick-up and help save precious seconds.
- Auto-revert function will switch a searching beacon to send mode after the beacon has remained immobile for 4 minutes.
- Automatic self-test, frequency check and function test ensure your beacon is always functioning properly.
- Analog mode, with an 80m search strip width, can help resolve demanding search scenarios.
- Vital sign data helps rescuers allocate resources on the buried person with the highest chance of survival.
- Device continues to guide rescuers to the buried subject even through signal failures or overlaps.
- Start screen and user texts can be customized with your own info.
- Battery life is 300 hours in send, followed by 1 hour in search when using alkaline batteries. 350 hours in send and 1 hour in search when using lithium batteries.
- Firmware can be updated when new functionalities are added.
- Pro-Search mode helps solve the most difficult scenarios that require the use of micro-strips, three-circle or micro-box search techniques.
- Barryvox® carrying system protects the transceiver while being easy to use with one hand.
|Burial direction indicator||Arrow|
|Buried transmitter display||1, 2, 3, 4, 5+ victims|
|Mark function||Mark and unmark|
|Auto-revert to transmit||Yes|
|Search strip width||70m|
|Dimensions||6.7 x 2.7 x 11.5cm|
|Batteries||3 AAA (included)|
|Multiple burial modes||Yes|