All-mountain. All season. All conditions. This lightweight helmet has big vents to keep the air moving over your head to keep your brain cool and focused.
- Half-shell hybrid construction combines the performance of a lightweight in-mould shell on the bottom with a durable injected shell on top.
- EPS 4-D inner shell absorbs shock.
- Dial fit size adjustment adapts to headwear and hairstyles.
- Twin shell ventilation keeps the air flowing through both halves of the shell.
- Comfortable integral lining is removable so you can wash it.
- Ear pads are removable and compatible with audio systems.
- Includes a storage bag.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).