MEC National Bicycle - Unisex
MEC National Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices $1600.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
We took our classic long-haul bike and beefed up the braking so you can open it up on fast mountain roads. This steel frame touring bike is a nod to the past and looks perfectly in place cruising along Canada’s long, open highways. TRP Spyre C disc brakes keep you in control in all road and weather conditions. Shimano® components keep your ride rolling on long open stretches past the Saskatchewan-Manitoba border. It’s right around then that you’ll be thankful for the form-fitting comfort of the Brooks saddle, too.
- Triple-butted Reynolds 520 steel frame is solid and dependable.
- TRP Spyre C disc brakes paired with 160mm rotors provide solid stopping power.
- Shimano Deore, LX and XT components provide granny-gear options for climbing in the Rockies and power gears for opening it up through the prairies.
- Touring-ready wheels use 36 DT Swiss Champion spokes to lace the trusty Deore hubs to Mavic rims.
- 2 spares spokes are mounted to the non-driveside chainstay for when you really need them.
- 32mm Vittoria Randonneur Tech tires provides comfort, puncture resistance and grip on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Brooks B17 for great comfort from one side of the province to the other.
- Rear disc mounts inside the rear triangle so it won’t interfere with racks or fenders.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. From frames, to graphics, to componentry builds, every element of the bike is developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Ideal for||Cycle touring|
|Frame||Reynolds 520 steel|
|Headset||FSA Orbit X|
|Handlebars||FSA Gossamer Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Spyre C (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro RL340|
|Shifters||Shimano Dura Ace Bar End|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano LX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Deore|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG40 9-speed 11-32T|
|Rims||Mavic XM319 Disc|
|Tires||Vittoria Randonneur Tech 700 x 32|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.