The North Face 1996 Retro Nuptse Vest - Women's
- Available prices $249.99
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Old-school cool for current-day cold. The classic puffy vest is back to keep you cozy from forest campsites to city streets. The 1996 Retro Nuptse Vest's super-warm 700-fill-power goose down creates a safe haven when temperatures plunge, and reinforced baffle construction keeps the down in place so you don't get cold spots. A DWR finish lets you shrug off light rain and snow, while a hood stands up to winter's worst moods and tucks away into the collar when the sun returns. Once you warm up, stuff it into its own pocket so you can easily stash it away.
- Solid colours are made of lightweight ripstop nylon. Heathered colours are polyester taffeta.
- Durable Water Repellency finish sheds light rain and snow.
- Insulated with cozy, warm 700-fill-power goose down with oversized baffle construction.
- Down meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare. Animals were never force-fed or live plucked.
- Lightweight hood stows inside the collar.
- 2-way front zipper has an internal storm flap.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets double as a stuff sack for the vest.
- Bungee cord hem seals out the wind.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Insulation||700 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.