MEC Provincial Trail Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices $2275.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Designed around your next adventure, the Provincial Trail Bicycle is much more than a road bike with big tires. If you're keen to leave traffic behind and explore gravel roads, this bike is the tool for the job. Its geometry is designed around the 650b wheels and 42mm-wide tires to provide the comfort of bigger-volume tires without messing up the feel of the bike. From the height of the bottom bracket to the shaping of the 7000-series aluminum tubing, no detail was overlooked. Shimano's latest workhorse 105 groupset takes care of the shifting as well as the hydraulic disc brakes. And on bike sizes XS and S, the shifters are now sized for smaller hands. While the Provincial Trail Bike is outfitted with everything you need to go on your next gravel epic, turning this adventure bike into a Gran Fondo–capable one is quite easy. Get yourself a set of 700c road disc wheels with 28mm slick tires and you'll maintain the same bike geometry, but in a fast package that'll help you get your personal best.
- Light, strong and reliable 7005-series frame is built around a 650x42mm wheelset for a stable and confidence-inspiring ride.
- Internal cable routing uses alloy cable-stops that allow you to customize your setup and add a dropper post should you wish to do so.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steerer features internal cable routing to keep things looking clean.
- Front fork features fender mounts and internal cable routing for a clean and snag-free look.
- Frame is equipped with eyelets for fenders, a rear rack, and 3 bottle cages for those long adventures.
- 12x100mm thru-axle fork and 12x142mm frame makes it easy to switch between these adventure-ready wheels and road-specific ones.
- Frame and fork clearance of 60mm allows for tires that measures up to 50mm in width.
- PF30 bottom bracket shell provides more room for internal cable routing and makes for a future-proof ride.
- Shimano 105 R7000 gruppo yields fast shifts and solid braking in a lightweight package.
- Shimano 105 R7000 rear derailleur features Shimano's Shadow design to keep it protected from impacts.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation regardless of weather.
- Shimano XT 160mm and 140mm rotors in the front and rear respectively provide plenty of stopping power.
- Compact 50/34 crank and huge 11-34t cassette means a gear range ready for every kind of ride.
- 650b Alex Boondocks 3 wheels are tubeless ready and designed for the rigours of gravel grinds.
- Hubs are using sealed cartridge bearings for smoothness and durability.
- Donnelly X'Plor MSO tires are 42mm wide to perform on unpaved roads and potholed city streets.
- MEC carbon fibre post soaks up vibration for a comfortable ride.
- Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport saddle helps keep the ride comfortable on long days.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC Provincial Trail tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||FSA Vero Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano 105 R7020 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105 R7020|
|Shifters||Shimano 105 R7020|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105 R7000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105 R7000|
|Crank + rings||Shimano 105 R7000 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF30|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG700 11-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Donnelly X'Plor MSO 650 x 42|
|Wheel||Alex Boondocks 3|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.