MEC Flash Cloud Gore-Tex Jacket - Men's
- Available prices $274.95
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ready for flash storms on the trail, the packable Flash Cloud jacket is ready to be deployed at a moment's notice. The waterproof Gore-Tex PacLite Plus construction is highly breathable and light, so you won't overheat on steep sections. A drawcord-cinch hem and hook-and-loop cuff adjustments keep drafts out when the wind picks up, and a Recco reflector in the hood adds some peace of mind when traveling in avalanche country.
- Lightweight and extremely compressible 2-layer GORE-TEX® PACLITE® PLUS fabric is breathable and exceptionally waterproof.
- DWR finish, fully sealed seams and water-resistant zippers keep rain from sneaking in.
- Adjustable hood with pre-curved brim.
- Chin guard prevents chafing.
- Pit zips let you exhaust heat when slogging uphill.
- Hand pockets have water-resistant zippers and zipper garages.
- Hook-and-loop cuff tabs.
- Drawcord-cinch hem and hook-and-loop cuff adjustments seal out the wind.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate it under snow. Recco tech is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||40-denier ripstop nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.