Different climbing situations demand different belay devices. The GigaJul device has a sliding mechanism that shifts from brake assist to regular belay tube adapt from project belaying to rappelling. Hybrid construction uses robust stainless steel in areas where the rope runs, and aluminum everywhere else to keep the weight down. If loaded incorrectly, it will still act as a regular tubular device, helping to ensure safety.
- Lightweight aluminum body has stainless steel in rope abrasion areas for durability.
- Integrated slider lets you change between assisted brake and standard tube mode.
- Configuration allows belaying a leader or bringing up 2 seconds.
- Suitable for rope diameters of 7.1 to 10mm.
- Small eyelet takes a biner to release the unit when bringing up a partner.
|Material||Aluminum alloy + stainless steel|
The maximum diameter or the range of rope diameter that is compatible with the device.
|7.1 - 10mm|
Belay off anchor
Use an autoblock device with a locking carabiner to belay off the anchor or to bring up two seconds on independent lines.