MEC Provincial Road 222 1x Bicycle - Unisex
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
This trusty bike has a stability-focused steel frame for a smooth ride and flickable responsiveness. Light enough to hang in on group rides, it's still tough enough for the rigours of cyclocross and bikepacking. The tire clearance and a low overall weight makes it a strong contender for bicycle touring. The carbon fork uses a 12mm thru-axle instead of a standard QR set up, to reduce flex under hard braking, cornering and accelerating. To keep you riding longer, we've kitted this bike with a comfortable Fabric Shallow Sport saddle. Solid SRAM Rival 1x groupset with hydraulic brakes shifts smoothly and gives you nuanced, powerful braking, and a stiff Alex Boondocks 5 wheelset grounds it with responsive handling and flex-free performance.
- Columbus Cromor steel frame with lowered bottom bracket for stable handling.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steerer lower the weight of the bike while improving comfort.
- Front fork designed for use with 12mm thru axles.
- Frame is equipped with eyelets for fenders, a rear rack, and 3 bottle cages for those long adventures.
- Frame and fork clearance of 60mm allows for tires that measures up to 50mm in width.
- SRAM Rival 1x gruppo yields fast shifts and solid braking in a lightweight package.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation regardless of weather.
- SRAM Centerline 160mm and 140mm rotors in the front and rear respectively provide plenty of stopping power.
- SRAM Rival crank with a 42T chainring and huge 11-42T cassette means a gear range ready for every kind of ride.
- 700c Alex Boondocks 5 wheels are tubeless ready and designed for the rigours of gravel grinds and daily commutes.
- Hubs are using sealed cartridge bearings for smoothness and durability.
- FSA Adventure bars features a 12° flare for a comfortable and stable position on rough roads.
- Donnelly X'Plor CDG tires are 36mm wide to soak up road vibration.
- MEC carbon fibre post soaks up vibration for a comfortable ride.
- Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport saddle helps keep the ride comfortable on long days.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Columbus Cromor steel|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Headset||FSA Orbit MX|
|Handlebars||FSA Adventure 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Rival (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Rival|
|Crank + rings||SRAM Rival 42T|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Donnelly X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
|Wheel||Alex Boondocks 5|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.