MEC Silhouette Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Decked out with dependable Shimano parts and performance-oriented geometry, the 2019 Silhouette got an end-to-end update. An urban bike, with the same frame as the MEC Shadowlands, the component package was selected to offer the best-possible value. Designed to be your daily commuter as well as your weekend touring rig, this bike will go as far are you legs will let you. Outfit it with a rack and panniers and you’ve got yourself a super eco-vehicle for groceries, wine tours, and getting to your day job.
- Lightweight 7000-series aluminum frame uses butted tubing to keep the weight low.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steered tube keeps the weight low and improves comfort by absorbing vibrations.
- Frame design allows for easy installation of an integrated kickstand.
- 700 x 32mm Continental tires are built for rolling on roads and dirt roads or pathways or light trail use.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide good stopping power, even in wet weather.
- Wide-range gearing features Shimano Alivio front and rear derailleurs.
- Shimano Alivio 26-36-48T triple crank and 9-speed 11-34T cassette lets you climb steep roads easily.
- MEC Ergo Lock-on grips reduce pressure on your hands and won't twist around.
- Wellgo flat pedals can be fitted with toeclips and straps.
- MEC Carbon seatpost smooths out the ride and reduces the bike's overall weight.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||MEC Performance 31.8mm 7°|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||MEC Performance Low-Riser 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||MEC Ergo Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT201 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alivio SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Alivio|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Alivio|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alivio 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-ES300|
|Pedals||Wellgo Mountain Flats|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Alivio|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG300 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.