Salomon Snowspike Waterproof Trail Running Shoes - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A little snow or ice never stopped you. These winter-worthy shoes feature an aggressive chevron tread with metal spikes. Waterproof materials keeps your feet dry and the integrated gaiters protect your ankles from snow and other trail debris. Layered on a heavily cushioned midsole, it still dampens and stabilizes like a trail runner. With all Salomon’s trusted comfort characteristics, the Snowspikes make winter fair game for your trail running and fast-packing objectives.
- Seamless upper construction eliminates friction points for a smooth fit.
- ClimaSalomon Waterproof membrane blocks out wind and water from below.
- EnergyCell high performance EVA foam absorbs shock throughout your strike.
- SensiFit cradles the foot for an all-round secure feel.
- Quicklace system closes quickly for a strong and slip-free hold.
- Lateral zip gaiter covers the lacing system to keep out snow, rocks, or debris.
- Lace pocket keeps the Quicklace closure tidy and snag-free.
- Winter Contragrip® sole provides a tough and durable grip to the ground.
- 12 tungsten spikes increase traction on ice.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
How to measure
- Foot length
- Use a ruler to measure the tracing off your foot from the front of your longest toe to the back of your heel.