For efficient touring in varied terrain, a wide platform offers float in deep snow, while the air core is light enough for extended exploration. The extra width and metal edges provide controlled turning and confident descents on harder snow and steeper trails. Positrack thermomoulded waxless bases offer good grip and glide without having to carry skins or decipher conditions that are tough to wax for.
- Wood and air channel core is light enough for climbing and strong enough for crud busting.
- Moderately rockered tip floats in powder and crud and allows for easy turn initiation.
- Ideal with 75mm 3-pin tele bindings, but also compatible with NNN BC and SNS XA systems.
- Full metal edges for extra control in varied snow conditions.
- Positrack thermomoulded waxless bases offer grip without skins.
|Ideal for||Off-track touring|
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
Often called "fish scale" skis, waxless skis are designed so you don't need to apply kick wax. However, you may still want to apply glide wax for a better glide. They are a good option for those who don't like waxing, or for regions where temperatures can vary greatly throughout the day.