GSD = Getting Stuff Done. This cargo e-bike has been called the most useful bike ever. It has also been called the most useful thing ever. Exaggeration? Well, it's designed to carry a week’s worth of groceries, two kids or 180kg of cargo, but it’s only 180cm long—shorter than a standard e-bike. The quick-release seat and bars adjust in seconds to fit riders from 150 to 195cm. A state-of-the-art Bosch Performance drive provides assistance up to 32km/h, letting you cruise up hills and over bridges even when laden with groceries and/or children. A Bosch PowerPack 400 lithium-ion battery provides a range up to 110km on one charge, and fully recharges in 4.5 hours. Epic commute? The frame will take an extra Bosch PowerPack (an optional extra), extending the range up to 220km. A versatile frame-integrated cargo rack accepts a wide array of storage accessories from Tern, as well as two Thule Yepp Maxi child seats or one Yepp Nexxt Maxi seat, no adapters needed. E-tourers can mount 6 Ortlieb panniers on the frame for RV-level touring capacity. The GSD S10 ships with 2 high volume Cargo Hold™ panniers, along with high-quality lights and SplashGuard fenders. A sturdy kickstand makes unloading cargo and passengers a breeze, while an upright riding position combined with a long wheelbase provide excellent rider visibility with stable, reliable handling.
- Aluminum frame is outrageously strong, with a total load capacity of 200kg.
- Stem and seatpost can be adjusted in seconds to fit riders from 150-195cm (under 5 feet to 6ft 5in).
- Overall length is similar to a standard bike (180cm) with a long wheelbase of 124cm.
- Aluminum fork with Boost thru-axle spacing.
- Bosch Performance Line drive unit provides assistance up to 32km/h.
- Bosch PowerPack 400 lithium-ion battery offers 400Wh of energy and range of 50-110km on a charge
- Battery charges from 0 to 100% in only 4.5 hours.
- Frame accommodates an (optional) additional battery for a dual battery, 220km set-up.
- To keep your battery performing at its best, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding storage and charging conditions (e-Bike batteries can be very sensitive to cold temperatures).
- Bosch Purion on-board display unit.
- Walk assistance mode makes pushing easier.
- Shimano Deore shifter and 10-speed derailleur.
- Magura MT5 hydraulic disc brakes provide confident stopping power in all conditions.
- Tern Atlas 36mm rims laced on Boost hubs provide durability and strength for serious hauling.
- Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires are super tough, fast rolling and quiet.
- Proprietary handlebars, seatpost and saddle.
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack.
- Comes with 2 Tern Cargo Hold™ panniers, each with 68L/30kg capacity.
- Fits 2 Thule Yepp Maxi child seats, or one Thule Yepp Nexxt Maxi seat, no adapters needed.
- Front (150 lumen) and rear light.
- SplashGuard fenders with stainless hardware.
- Kickstand has a capacity of 80kg.
|Frame||Tern GSD 7005 aluminum|
|Fork||Tern GSD 7005 aluminum|
|Handlebars||Tern Sweep 6061 aluminum|
|Drive unit||Bosch Performance Line|
|Battery||Bosch PowerPack 400|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Bosch Purion|
|Charge time||4.5 h|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||250W|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Magura MT5 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Magura hydraulic|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore Shadow|
|Crank + rings||Tern aluminum|
|Hub (front)||Tern Atlas Boost|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Tern Atlas Boost|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Tern Atlas 36mm|
|Tires||Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X 62-406|