Get the foot-hugging fit of a road shoe, with durable soles that keep the rubber side down when you're off-road. The soles have sticky rubber centres and sharp-edged lugs for great traction when you're moving fast over trails.
- Upper is mesh in the front and woven in the back for lightweight cool support.
- Padded tongue relieves pressure caused by swelling on long runs.
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps the foot for a plush, comfortable fit.
- Moulded sockliners enhance underfoot support.
- React foam midsole provides a smooth and responsive ride.
- Zoom Air unit in the heel cushions underfoot.
- Segmented rock plate in the forefoot protects feet from rough trails.
- Forefoot and heel outsole are high-abrasion rubber for traction in dry terrain.
- Sticky rubber midfoot offers excellent grip on wet surfaces.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.