Sturdy and strong, just the ticket to withstand storms at basecamp. The Mad House tent is a 2-room mansion for 6 people, with space cook during windstorms and hang out while you acclimatize. The larger vestibule's door can be set up like an awning for shade on bluebird days.
- Fly is Dominico® ripstop polyester with a higher tear strength than conventional ripstop.
- Taped seams plus storm flaps on the vestibule zippers keep water out.
- Double doors and vestibules give an entrance and gear storage to both sides.
- Dual-zippered front door can be rigged up like an awning with your hiking poles.
- Removable wall provides dual-room setup option.
- Fly vent and 2-way vestibule zippers create a cross-breeze to reduce condensation.
- Ceiling and doors have closeable mesh panels for venting.
- Interior loops and mesh pockets keep sleeping area clutter-free.
- Reflective guylines and webbing for nighttime visibility.
- Easy grip zipper pulls, toggles and buckles can be used with gloves on.
- Footprint sold separately.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||Polyester ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||Polyester ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.73m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.5sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||2.3sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.