1876 Cooper Rd, Unit 100
Kelowna, British Columbia
Sunday Open 9:00am – 6:00pm
|Sunday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Monday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 7:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 7:00pm|
Want to try out gear or whole new activity? Check out gear rentals at MEC. Give the store a call to see what’s available and come by to book your rental in-person.
Rentals are first come, first serve. Bookings are 4- or 8-hour slots with options to extend. Limited rental gear quantities available.
At this store, you can rent:
|Rental gear||4-hour rental||8-hour rental|
|Eleven Six Ultralight Inflatable SUP with leash, PFD, safety kit||$40||$60|
|Ten Six Ultralight Inflatable SUP Package with leash, PFD, safety kit||$40||$60|
|Feelfree Aventura 110 V2 Skeg Kayak with PFD, safety kit||$60||$100|
|Cannondale Trail 8 Bicycle with with helmet, lock, lights||$40||$60|
|MEC Midtown Step-Through Bicycle with helmet, lock, lights||$30||$50|
Repairs and recycling
For the safety of staff and members, we are pausing in-store gear repair services for a while. Thanks for your understanding. Want to try some repairs on your own? Learn how to fix your own gear with these how-to articles and videos on popular gear repair topics.
If you bought any of the items below at MEC, you can bring them back to our store for recycling:
- Batteries (no broken or corroded ones please).
Have a question about something that’s not on the list above? Give us a call or contact your local municipal recycling program.
Green building features
Located in the heart of the city, MEC Kelowna is a prime location for Okanagan residents and visitors. The store opened in 2016 after doing extensive renovations to an existing building, which included updates to make the space more energy efficient. Here are some of the green features:
- Moved into an existing building, which saved on construction materials and the embodied energy costs.
- Significant updates to the roof insulation, since that’s a major spot to cut down on heat loss (just like people, buildings can lose a lot of heat through their highest point).
- Rooftop solar system pre-heats the hot water for the building to cut down on energy required.
- Upgraded to a high-efficiency HVAC to reduce energy use, and a heat recovery ventilator reduces the amount of energy required to heat the building.
- Furniture is certified by Level, a third-party sustainability certification program that looks at environmental and social impacts.
- To cut down on materials required, there are minimal floor coverings.
- To reduce energy consumption, we use predominately high-efficiency LED lighting controlled by auto dimmers and occupancy sensors in some areas, and on automated schedules elsewhere.
- Landscaping uses non-invasive species that encourage bird and insect populations, and doesn’t need irrigation except for in drought conditions.
- Low-flow fixtures such as toilets, urinals and shower heads reduce overall water consumption.
MEC aims to maximize efficiency and minimize environmental impacts in our stores. Learn more about our green buildings.
Professional ski and snowboard shop services to set you up for the season. Some services may not be available year-round. Call us to set up a visit.
Buy two of the big three – board/skis, bindings, boots – from MEC and we’ll mount your bindings for free. This offer applies to all types of snowboard and ski equipment sold at MEC. If you’re shopping online, take advantage of this deal by calling your store to arrange an appointment to mount your bindings before you visit. Our ski techs get busy, and we don’t want to let you down.
|Binding removal (with purchase of new binding or skis)||Free|
|General repairs, minimum shop charge is $5||$70/hr|
|Hot wax (machine)||$15|
|Hot wax (hand)||$35|
|Machine sharpen and wax||$35|
|Pine tar, call for availability||$30|
|Skin trim (length only)||$10|
|Skin fit and shaping (length and width), call for availability||$25|
|Boot liner moulding (free with boot purchase)||$20|
|Boot punching (first punch)||$50|
|Boot punching (additional punch)||$25|
|Rivet replacement (per rivet)||$15/unit|
|Binding strap replacement (per strap)||$15/unit|
Your local MEC store is more than just a place to get gear – it’s a hub for your outdoor community. MEC All Out (our community program) has all kinds of ways to help you get outside:
Year-round, MEC offers low cost (or even free) clinics and workshops. Find MEC events near you see what’s happening in store, learn new outdoor skills from friendly staff instructors, and spark ideas for your next outdoor trip.
Grants and donations
Our community program has given tens of millions of dollars to help people in Canada get active outdoors. Have an awesome outdoor idea? Check out our community grants and grassroots product donations for criteria and applications.
Free meeting room
We’re taking precautionary steps due to COVID-19, and pausing all bookings of the Community Room for the moment. We take your health seriously and are following the recommendations of public health agencies to practice social distancing and limit gatherings. We will continue to monitor and reassess the situation as it evolves. For groups with a current booking, we’ll contact you by email to ensure you can plan accordingly.
Our bike shop mechanics can do it all, from installing fenders to building wheels from scratch. We offer a full range of repair services, including minor adjustments and repairs, component upgrades, suspension work, tune-ups and major overhauls.
We fix all kinds of bikes: commuter, road, e-bikes, gravel, mountain and kids. Not sure what you need? Bring in your bike for a free safety inspection and we’ll let you know.