1051 Wellington Road
Monday Open 10:00am – 9:00pm
|Monday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Sunday||10:00am - 5:00pm|
We are following the advice and guidance of local health authorities to ensure we are providing the safest possible environment to MEC members and staff.
We aim to provide a safe environment that respects everyone’s comfort level and risk tolerance. Thanks for looking out for each other.
Order online and pick up at this location.
You can return products to any store.
MEC is closely monitoring provincial government guidelines to ensure the safety of all members and staff.
- Number of people inside stores is limited and controlled at all entrances.
- Social distancing guidelines are posted outside and inside stores.
- Lineup areas have two-meter markers on the floor.
- Staff are required to wear personal protective equipment, including masks.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use.
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing and social distancing.
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected.
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store.
- Restrictions on the type of clothing and gear members are permitted to try on.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at cashier stations.
- Climbing walls and play areas are closed.
- Clinics, events and community room bookings are paused.
- Rental services are paused.
- Repair shops are open for bike and ski repairs only.
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to our responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell.
Repairs and recycling
For the safety of staff and members, we are pausing in-store gear repair services for a while. Thanks for your understanding. Want to try some repairs on your own? Learn how to fix your own gear with these how-to articles and videos on popular gear repair topics.
If you bought any of the items below at MEC, you can bring them back to our store for recycling:
- Batteries (no broken or corroded ones please).
Have a question about something that’s not on the list above? Give us a call or contact your local municipal recycling program.
Green building features
The space we have taken over provides great potential to bring the MEC brand to life inside and out.
The completely refurbished building incorporates key elements of MEC’s renewed architectural brand, including a distinctive floating canopy to mark the store’s entrance and wood-infused interiors to define the store and display merchandise.
Our new architectural design is featured in the building and improvements include a new roof with R40 thermal protection and a high-performance heating, cooling and ventilation system.
As part of MEC’s extensive green building program, the store operates on renewable energy.
Professional ski and snowboard shop services to set you up for the season. Some services may not be available year-round. Call us to set up a visit.
Buy two of the big three – board/skis, bindings, boots – from MEC and we’ll mount your bindings for free. This offer applies to all types of snowboard and ski equipment sold at MEC. If you’re shopping online, take advantage of this deal by calling your store to arrange an appointment to mount your bindings before you visit. Our ski techs get busy, and we don’t want to let you down.
|Binding removal -- With purchase of new binding or skis||Free|
| Base tune-up|
|General repairs -- Minimum shop charge is $5||$70/hr|
|Hot wax (hand)||$35|
|Pine tar -- Call for availability||$30|
| Additional services|
|Boot liner molding -- With purchase of boots||Free|
| Snowshoe services|
|Rivet replacement (per rivet)||$15/unit|
|Binding strap replacement (per strap)||$15/unit|
Your local MEC store is more than just a place to get gear – it’s a hub for your outdoor community. MEC All Out (our community program) has all kinds of ways to help you get outside:
Year-round, MEC offers low cost (or even free) clinics and workshops. Find MEC events near you see what’s happening in store, learn new outdoor skills from friendly staff instructors, and spark ideas for your next outdoor trip.
Grants and donations
Our community program has given tens of millions of dollars to help people in Canada get active outdoors. Have an awesome outdoor idea? Check out our community grants and grassroots product donations for criteria and applications.
Free meeting room
*We’re taking precautionary steps due to COVID-19, and pausing all bookings of the Community Room for the moment. We take your health seriously and are following the recommendations of public health agencies to practice social distancing and limit gatherings. We will continue to monitor and reassess the situation as it evolves. For groups with a current booking, we’ll contact you by email to ensure you can plan accordingly. *
Our bike mechanics can do it all, from installing fenders to building wheels from scratch. Not sure what work your bike needs? Bring it in for a free safety inspection and we’ll let you know. Call us to set up a bike shop visit. Small repairs can be done while you shop.
Parts are not included in tune-up prices. **Add-on services for all Tune-up packages: bike cleaning fee $20, hub repack (single) $20, spoke replacement $10 (spokes and nipples not included).
Basic Tune-up $100
For when your bike hasn’t had a tune-up after a season of light use. Designed to get you rolling smoothly again by solving your drivetrain issues, imprecise shifting, loose feeling brakes, or when the whole bike is feeling slightly off.
- Full bike safety check; all bolts, pivot points, and components inspected for proper torque and wear levels
- Light cleaning -- Frame and fork wiped down and inspected
- Tires inflated, chain lubricated, and grease applied to seatpost
- Bearing adjustments -- including headset, and front and rear hubs
- Brake systems adjusted -- including cable adjustments and pad position
- Shifting systems adjusted -- including cable adjustments and hanger alignment
- Minor wheel truing -- lateral truing and light radial adjustments (spoke replacements extra)
- Minor components installed (chain, cassette, brake pads, tubes)
Advanced Tune-up $140
For when your bike hasn't had a tune-up after a season of regular riding or has issues caused by dirt, component wear, or light damage. If your bike has poor or inconsistent shifting, soft brakes, or the wheels aren’t straight, this package is for you.
- Includes every service from the Basic Tune-up, plus:
- Major wheel truing as needed -- including tension and dish adjustments
- Drivetrain removed and fully washed, lubricated, and reinstalled
- Frame, fork, and wheels cleaned -- including braking surfaces
- Installation of up to 2 cables, with housing **parts extra
Advanced Plus Tune-up $220
A comprehensive service for well-used bikes that need of some TLC.
- Includes every service from the Advanced Tune-up, plus:
- Headset and Wheel bearings cleaned and repacked
- Hydraulic brakes bled, or the installation of all cables and hosing for non-hydraulic systems
- Installation of intermediate-level components (bottom bracket, spoke replacements, tubeless sealant refresh) **parts extra
Available in Road and MTB specific packages. This complete service gets your bike looking and feeling brand new.
- Includes every service from the Advanced PLUS Tune-up, plus:
- Complete tear down and rebuild (MTB includes linkages)
- Full frame, component, and wheel detailing
- ** NOT included -- Specialty services such as: Suspension services, dropper post services, and wheel building.
A la carte bike services
|Tire or tube install||$12|
|Specialty Tire or Tube Install (e-bikes, fat bikes, etc)||$20|
|Wheel true||$15 – $20|
|Wheel build||$70 and up|
|Hub adjustment||$10 – $20|
|Brake adjustment||$15 – $25|
|Cable and housing replacement -- Installation cost per cable and housing length||$10|
|Gear adjustment||$15 – $20|
|Chain installation||$8 - $17|
|Bottom bracket replacement -- BB Removal, frame prepped, installation (parts not included)||$30|
|Shimano internal geared hub service -- Disassembly, fluid replacement, and lubrication||$70|
|Shimano Di2 reprogramming and firmware update -- call for store availability||$35|
|Cable and housing replacement -- Installation cost per cable and housing length||$10|
|Miscellaneous accessory install||$10 – $35|
|Bar tape installation -- Tape extra||$25|
|Bike boxing -- Partial disassembly and packaging for shipping or airplane travel||$60|
|General repairs -- Minimum shop charge is $5||$80/hr|