Welcome back! MEC in Toronto is open with limits to the number of people inside, plus reduced hours and services. We are following the advice and guidance of local health authorities to ensure we are providing the safest possible environment to MEC members and staff.
Store Pick Up is currently available at this location. Order pickup available 8am – 6pm.
As of June 1, you can return products to any store open for sales. Stores open for bike repair or bike sales only cannot accept returns in person.
MEC has been closely monitoring guidelines provided by provincial governments to ensure the safety of MEC Staffers and members.
- Number of people inside stores is limited (occupancy limit: 1 person per 20 square meters) and controlled at all entrances.
- Social distancing guidelines are posted on the floor and walls outside and inside stores.
- Lineup areas have two-meter markers on the floor.
- Staff are required to wear protective equipment including gloves and masks.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use.
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing.
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected.
- Fitting rooms are currently closed.
- Restrictions on types of clothing, gear and footwear members are permitted to try on.
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store. Restrictions on the type of clothing and gear members are permitted to try on.
- Plexiglass shields installed at cashier stations.
- Cash payments are not accepted at this time.
- Climbing walls and play areas are closed.
- Clinics, events and community room bookings are paused for now.
- Rental services are paused.
- Our repair shop is open for bike and ski repairs only.
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to our responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell.
- Bike shop
- Ski services
- Repairs and recycling
- Green building features