We are following the advice and guidance of local health authorities to ensure we are providing the safest possible environment to MEC members and staff.
A mask or face covering (that covers nose, mouth and chin) is mandatory to enter MEC stores or while picking up online orders. Keep yourself and others safe. Note, masks are not supplied at stores, please bring your own. If you are unable to wear a mask, consider shopping online as an alternative. MEC reserves the right to refuse entry to the store if a mask or face covering is not worn. Exemptions exist in accordance with applicable bylaws and orders, please refer to sign at door for details.
Order online and pick up at this location from 8am – 6pm. Seven days a week at most stores. (Closes at 5pm Saturday and Sunday in the province of Quebec only.)
You can return products to any store open for sales.
MEC is closely monitoring provincial government guidelines to ensure the safety of all members and staff.
- Number of people inside stores is limited (occupancy limit: 1 person per 20 square meters) and controlled at all entrances.
- Social distancing guidelines are posted outside and inside stores.
- Lineup areas have two-meter markers on the floor.
- Staff are required to wear personal protective equipment, including masks.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use.
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing and social distancing.
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected.
- Fitting rooms are currently closed.
- Restrictions on types of clothing, gear and footwear members are permitted to try on.
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store.
- Restrictions on the type of clothing and gear members are permitted to try on.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at cashier stations.
- Climbing walls and play areas are closed.
- Clinics, events and community room bookings are paused.
- Rental services are paused.
- Repair shops are open for bike and ski repairs only.
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to our responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell.
- Bike shop
- Ski services
- Repairs and recycling
- Green building features