Sleek, compact, and loaded with features, the vívosport has a lot to tell you. Featuring Garmin’s Elevate optical heartrate monitor, pulse information comes straight off your wrist. While onboard GPS provides speed and distance information while outside. Outside or in, the accelerometer translates your movement into performance enhancing data, making sure you get credit in the gym and on the trails. When paired with the free Garmin Connect app running on your smartphone, the vívosport’s capabilities increase. Garmin Connect lets you review completed activities, receive smart notifications, control certain phone apps; like music players and VIRB controls, as well as set up Live Tracking sessions. Live Tracking allows you to share your real-time location and more, with friends, family, or coaches. Track stressors by monitoring your heartrate variability, noting spikes. This lets you figure out what may have lead to the spike and find ways to remove that stress from your day. When stress levels are high, a relaxation timer will walk you through steps to reduce your stress levels.
- Built-in activity apps for biking, running, walking, cardio training, strength training, and more.
- Move IQ intelligently detects your activity and tracks the activity; these activities appear in your Garmin Connect timeline and ensure you get credit for all of your daily exercise.
- Internet Live Tracking during activities (through a connected smartphone) allows you to share your location and heartrate with friends, family, or coaches.
- Equipped with Garmin’s new lower profile Elevate™ optical heartrate monitor which provides more reliable constant heartrate data, and allows you to train without a chest strap.
- Optical heartrate sensors measure changes in blood volume under the skin, and work best when worn snugly, 1 to 3 finger-widths above your wrist bone.
- Broadcast of your HR over ANT+ (so other devices can pick it up). Does not connect to ANT+ cycling sensors or external ANT+ HR strap.
- Stress level score monitors heartrate variability while inactive to produce a stress score from 0-100, the lower the score, the lower your stress. When stress levels are high, the vívosport’s relaxation timer will take you through steps to lower your stress levels.
- vívosport learns your activity level through 24/7 activity tracking, and helps guide you towards a healthier lifestyle.
- On board sleep tracking mode monitors your rest, letting you see your total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep in your Garmin Connect profile.
- Counts flights of stairs with internal barometer data that’s combined with your step data.
- Weekly intensity minutes are displayed against the ideal of 150 needed to maintain a healthy life.
- Can automatically sync your data to paired smartphone running the free Garmin Connect app.
- Compatible with all smartphones featuring Bluetooth 4.0 (iPhone 4s or higher, and Android 4.3 or higher).
- Intuitive touchscreen interface makes navigation easy.
- Always-on, colour display is bright and clear in any conditions.
- Internal memory stores up to 7 timed activities and 2 weeks worth of daily activity. Garmin Connect will store all of your activity data.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 8 hours in GPS mode or 7 days as an activity tracking smartwatch.
- Small/medium fits wrist sizes 122-188mm. Large fits wrist sizes 148-215mm.
- In the box: vívosport, charging/data clip, documentation
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|12/24 hour format||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
Calculated based on data from a heart rate monitor.
Attaches to your shoe, captures your running data (i.e., pace, distance), and transmits it to your heart rate monitor or GPS.
An online community where members upload, analyze and share activity data.
Want an easy jog? A fast-paced ride? A workout with lots of variety to keep you on your toes? With programmable workouts you can tailor your training to match whatever you are looking for on a particular day.
|Heart rate monitor||Yes|
Heart rate target zones
Displays heart rate zones during activity.
A coded instrument ensures no interference between your chest strap and your watch, necessary if you are training in busy gyms or trails where other signals may be encountered.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
Allows user to monitor training goals with either a virtual partner or alarms.
Heart rate in real time
Displays beats per minute during activity.
|Replaceable wrist strap||No|
Calories in real time
Displays calorie expenditure during activity, based on heart rate monitor data.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Battery life||8 - 168 h|
|Chest strap||Not compatible|