This boost wheelset is designed to get the most out of every trail, thanks to its light weight, stiffness and durability. Using Maxtal and a Mavic-exclusive aluminum alloy, the XA Pro 27.5in. Boost XD wheel is lighter than conventional 6106 alloy options. The 25mm internal width offers up a playful, stable, ground-hugging ride. Tubeless-ready rims anchor 24 straight-pull bladed double-butted spokes in a 2-cross lacing pattern up front and Mavic's Isopulse lacing at the rear to create a light and stiff ride. The bearings featured in the hubs are easy to adjust, while the double seals help keep them spinning smoothly.
- Maxtal alloy rims are lightweight and UST tubeless-compatible.
- Inter-spoke milling creates a light, stiff and durable rim.
- Bladed Zicral spokes provide an excellent strength-to-weight ratio.
- 25mm internal rim width fits tires from 1.8 to 2.5in.
- 24 spokes on each wheel in a 2-cross lacing in the front, and Isopulse in the rear.
- Aluminum hubs with aluminum axles keep the weight low.
- ITS-4 freehub body features 4 pawls working in pairs for fast 7.5° engagement.
- XD driver body provides a stable interface and allows a 10-tooth cog.
- Compatible with 6-bolt rotors.
- QRM+ cartridge bearings are sealed and easy to adjust.
- Front 15mm and rear 12mm thru-axles can be converted to QR with optional adapters.
- Hub width is 110mm at the front, 148mm at the rear.
- Includes UST valves and accessories, and a multifunction adjustment wrench.
- Wheelset weight: 1610 grams.
|Recommended tire width||1.8-2.5in.|
|Retention device||Thru-axle 15 mm front / 12 mm rear|
|Brake compatibility||Disc brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
Front hub width
The hub width must fit the inside distance between the two fork ends (dropouts).
|Rear hub width||148mm|
|Hub (front)||Mavic XA Pro|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Mavic XA Pro|
|Rims||Mavic XA Pro|