More breathable and moisture-wicking than the original, the Houdini Air Jacket is your best friend for longer missions when a little weather resistance is crucial. The ultralight fabric is treated with DWR to shed light rain, and a tight weave blocks wind and withstands abrasions. The fabric backing is lightly textured to help you avoid getting clammy during high-output adventures. The cuffs and hem are designed with minimal trim to be lightweight with low bulk. And the chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack for convenient carrying, with a reinforced carabiner loop so it can be clipped to your harness or pack.
- Lightweight nylon (51% recycled) and polyester fabric has a textured backing for increased airflow against the skin.
- DWR finish adds weather protection.
- Low-profile hood with drawcord lets you fine-tune fit while maintaining peripheral vision.
- Zippered chest pocket converts to a stuff sack for easy storage. Includes a reinforced loop for securing to your harness or pack.
- Reflective details keep you visible.
- Slim fit accommodates a base layer or mid-layer.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 zippered chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.